Kind Words from Good People
He holds people of all ages in rapt pleasure. He is magical and transforms an audience with his painting with words and movement. he is one of those amazing people who really make a difference. I can’t speak highly enough of his dedication and sharing of an art form that touches so many people.Angel Vigil captures all ages and brings history alive memorably and engagingly. He stands out as a favorite annual storytelling event.
- Dr. Norma J. Livo, renowned storyteller and author, Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado.
- Dr. Shirley Hammond, George Bush Presidential Library.
The contributions he has made and the cultural impact on the genre of storytelling are beyond belief. Angel has made Latino storytelling come alive.
- Carl Ruby, President of the Rocky Mountain Storytelling Conference.
Dancer, actor, director, author, storyteller and educator are just some of the many talents that have made angel one of Colorado’s most versatile artists. He is a master teacher and I marvel at his skill and dedication, bringing out the best in all who work with him. Angel is a remarkable artist who has long been a leader in bringing Hispanic culture to our area.
- Henry Lowenstein, Legendary Colorado Theatre Producer.
He gives of himself with a warm and genuine kindness. that endears children, adults and seniors alike. he is able to communicate to all levels of society with a talent that bridges cultures, politics and prejudices. He is a symbol of quality and excellence in every way.
- Lorenzo A. Trujillo, Ed.D., J.D., National Endowment of the Arts Evaluator.
Angel Vigil is an artist of an amazingly wide range of skills, all of which he manages with his own appealing brand of talent and warmth.
- Edward Payson Call, former artistic director, Denver Center Theatre Company.
You’re really cool. You made me see the stories in my head.
- Carlos Martinez, third grade student.
I’m crying because when I hear your stories I can close my eyes and hear the voices of my childhood telling me the same stories from 50 years ago. You’ve given me my childhood back.
- Carmen Jean Martinez, Angel’s mom.